Situated in Crosby, Texas, Crosby Plaza Apartments serves as a government subsidized property that provides housing to low-income families. To fulfill its commitment to local communities, Crosby Plaza has recently undergone an extensive renovation to provide its tenants with a welcoming home environment able to cater to day-to-day needs. With online connectivity now proving to be essential component in the completing of daily tasks for many residents, the property’s renovation goals also included a priority on implementing a Wi-Fi network able to cater to tenant needs for a reliable and fast service.
With Wi-Fi access now virtually a universal necessity especially for those needing to work online from home, Crosby Plaza leadership understood the vital importance of being able to offer the service, yet recognized the need to work from the ground up as the property had no previously existing network infrastructure to build upon. To overcome this initial challenge, Crosby plaza determined that it needed to work with an established network provider with localized representation and that had expert experience in providing high-quality internet to a large property with multiple occupants.
After considering competing options, HIS was selected due to its leading position in both areas and its ability to implement an installation strategy that was cost-effective, yet still able to deliver first-rate network performance results. This included the placement of advanced Ruckus in-room access points within each apartment unit as well as within strategic locations throughout the property so that all tenants can receive a strong, fast and consistent signal regardless of their onsite location. As a complex featuring buildings spread out over a wide area that previously did not have any sort of network infrastructure, HIS technicians also used their industry expertise to install the necessary cabling while utilizing a minimal amount of hardware to keep expenses down.
“As a government subsidized apartment housing complex, we are expected to ensure that tenants have access to amenities that are vital to enhancing quality of life, and with internet access now proving essential to carrying out many daily responsibilities, HIS has provided us with the means to address this core requirement fully,” said Christian Szymczak, Managing Partner at Think Housing Development, LLC. which oversees Crosby Plaza. “Our apartment complex has gone from having no network infrastructure to having one of the industry’s most technology advanced while staying within budget, and our tenants are now able to perform virtually any online activity without experiencing any lapse in service quality. HIS further stood out for us with its responsive customer service during implementation and ability to offer immediate support should any issue later arise.”
To ensure that tenants and onsite staff continue to experience high-quality and uninterrupted Wi-Fi, HIS also provides Crosby Plaza with access to 24/7 instant support. This service not only addresses any performance issues related to network hardware, but also extends to providing troubleshooting support for common connectivity challenges such as connecting a specific device or accessing email servers.
- Affordably implement a Wi-Fi service for a large apartment complex with no pre-existing network infrastructure.
- Ensure that all tenants are able to receive a fast, reliable and strong Wi-Fi signal within all areas of the property.
- Provide immediate support for any troubleshooting issues that may later arise.
- Leverage HIS industry expertise to install the necessary cabling within and in-between buildings while utilizing a minimal amount of hardware to keep costs down.
- Install advanced Ruckus access points within each apartment unit and throughout strategic locations around the complex to ensure that tenants and staff always receive an optimal online experience, regardless of onsite location or the number of devices connected.
- Offer access to HIS 24/7 support services for the swift resolution of any resident connectivity or network performance issues.